Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Bohemian Rhapsody

My name is Karyn and I watch American Idol. (*hangs head while awaiting applause from other addicts*)

Did anyone else feel like all the singers really brought it last night? That is, except for Carrie Underwood. I thought she was terrible, really bad song choice. I'm afraid that this may be it for my girl Nadia Turner. I think the whole going first thing is going to send her home tonight. But I know she'll look good doing it. That girl is gorgeous. Bo was awesome, as usual. I just really wish he would cut his hair. I think he could be so hot if he did, he has great eyes. I'm not really sure why I don't like Vonzell. She seems like a nice girl, she always looks very cute up on the stage, and she has a good voice but I have absolutely no desire to vote for her. I really wish that Anthony "I'm so cute because I'm not from this country and have an accent" Federov would go home. However I'm sure that all the hormonal pre-teen girls out there voted their bony little fingers off for him last night. Scott started off pretty shaky but he worked it out dawg (just call me Randy), he got a text vote from me. And now, for the performance of the night (*drumrolls*)... Constantine "I will seduce you with my eyes" Maroulis singing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. I was just waiting for him to break out the "I see a little silhouetto of a man..."

The year of your birth was a good theme. Unfortunately, there weren't that many cool songs from 1980. I think I would have to go with 'Call Me' by Blondie if I were a contestant. What song would the rest of you have chosen?

5 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

I really enjoyed this theme too....though some of them made me feel ancient....me and all of my 25 years.

Easy....1979 was my birth year.

Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me"

Followed closely by "Do You Think I'm Sexy?" by Rod Stewart.

I would seriously have to see where I was at in the competition.

Oh, and I heart Constantine.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Karyn said...

Yeah, you do. Or maybe you just heart his naughty bedroom eyes.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Karyn said...

Ooh, good choice. I had a crush on a boy named Jesse in junior high....I used to sing that song in my head all the time, except I would change the word 'had' to 'was'.

Man, now that I think back, Jesse was not that cute and my friends were right, he did kinda resemble a lizard. Glad that dream never came true.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right Karyn, 1980 wasn't a good year for great hit songs. I guess I'd pick...Billy Joel's "It's Still Rock & Roll To Me" (but I'd be so much better than Kimberly Caldwell's version a couple of years ago). Either that or "Xanadu" (ha ha yeah right - does that even count as a real song?)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Ha! No, Jesse did not look like that in Junior High, but he may look like that in like 20 years. Definitely lizardish.

Speaking of Kimberly Caldwell...I can't stand her, still. I am always annoyed when I turn it to the tv guide channel and she is on there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home