Pantala Naga Pampa
Today is Bring Your Kid to Work Day. The cafeteria this morning was not a fun place to be. The kids that were swarming the place were not the I'm-cute-and-quiet-and-watching-daddy-work kind of kids. They were loud, obnoxious, and really held up the line putting all that bacon and sausage on their plates. I have been sticking pretty close to my desk as a result of this day. However, I did venture out to the nice bathroom, further away, and I saw at least 2, 6 year olds that were dressed better than me. This one little girl had on a PONCHO and skirt, with cute little mary jane type shoes. I looked down at myself, wearing my DMB 2004 tour t-shirt, jeans, old navy flip flops, and pigtails (because I didn't wake up early enough to dry my hair), and felt pretty lame. I wondered to myself if I possibly looked like a teenager who joined their parent at work, but no, I don't think I can pull off teenager anymore. College student, definitely, but not teenager.
About an hour ago, the secretary from across the hall brought a little girl around to introduce to everyone. I wanted to put this little girl in my pocket and take her home with me. She was that cute. Her name was Karima. I told her that it was a beautiful name, and she got all shy and started shuffling and staring at her feet. I asked her if it was spelled with a 'K', and she said yes. She was only about 5 years old, but she was one of those little girls that just acts older than she really is. Not in a bad way, like most of pre-teen America, but in a cute, innocent way.
When I was a child, I had Bring Your Kid to Work Day everyday. My mom worked at my school, so I rode to and from with her. When I was in junior high and high school, and in the same building as my mom's pre-school class, my friends and I ate lunch in there everyday. I think I ate in the cafeteria one time in 6 years. I enjoyed having lunch with my mom and her kids. I always have been a very child-friendly person. I love kids. As a matter of fact, kids that I used to baby sit are now graduating from high school. How old am I?
In honor of the anniversary of 'Before These Crowded Streets', Pantala Naga Pampa is today's song.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home