Proudest Monkey
I am convinced that the snooze button on my alarm is, in actuality, the devil. Whomever invented the snooze should surely be punished. It is not right to tempt sleepy, unconscious people with the idea of 8 more minutes of sleep. Why? Because 8 minutes turns into 16 minutes, and 16 minutes turns into 24 minutes. Before you know it, you only have 35 minutes to wake up, take a shower, pick out clothes to wear, dry your hair, walk the dog, and find two shoes that match.
In only having 35 minutes to get ready, one does not have time to make coffee (not to mention the fact that if you avoid the grocery store for over 3 weeks, you do not have any cream for your coffee). Unable to stand the thought of purchasing coffee once again at the "Starbucks" at work, I stopped at a little coffee shop that I pass every day called Janet's Java. Although I noticed this place the first week I moved here, I have never stopped before. Probably because I thought the name was unoriginal and cliche, and I was bitter because they are not open at night. However, I decided to check it out this morning. I am now going to find it very difficult not to stop there EVERY morning. First, as soon as I walked in the door I heard Proudest Monkey, possibly my favorite DMB song (okay fine, maybe not my favorite but it is in the top 3). Second, they had a raspberry flavored latte on the menu. I don't why I enjoy the deliciousness of raspberry in my coffee, but I do. Third, they have a really cute website.
2 unrelated notes:
(1) Only 2 weeks from today!
(2) Yesterday the grape was still there, but this morning it has disappeared.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home