Why
Ever since the bombings last week, I have tried to make myself more aware of the news and what is going on in our world. I admit that I have been more apt to check the BBC news, rather than CNN or any other American media source. I'm not sure why, I just have decided that it is going to be my news site.
I have been reading about the investigations into the London bombings just about every day this week. They now have confirmed the identities (and deaths) of 3 bombers, and the identity of the fourth bomber, though they have not yet found any personal items or DNA from the site of his bombing. As I am reading about these men, I can't help but wonder why. How can someone be persuaded to detonate a bomb, killing themselves and innocent victims? I know that they truly believe that they are doing the right thing, the extremist persuaders have obviously been able to brainwash these people. I hate to compare real life to television, but there was an episode of LOST when Sayid was contacted by officials to infiltrate a suicide bombing mission in which his old friend was supposed to be the bomber. He was to let his friend go through with the suicide mission. I can't remember the entire plot, however I remember the scenes in which Sayid's friend was preparing for the mission. He was scared, but he truly believed that what he was about to do was the right thing, yet he was leaving behind his family and friends.
Today there was an article on BBC about the lives of these men. One of them in particular had been a school teacher and was well-loved by his students and parents. He had a wife and child. This makes me so sad. No, I don't feel sorry for the man who thought it was okay to kill innocent people, but I can't help but wonder his feelings and his reasoning. I wonder if his wife knew what was going on. I doubt it, but now she is destined for public ridicule.
They are still looking for the people who encouraged, trained, and financed these bombers, along with the chemist involved in the making of the homemade explosives. All these attacks are beyond me, but I continually pray for an end to the hate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home