A Rush of Blood to the Head
Like most of the known world, I have been crazy about Coldplay recently. Not only have a been wearing out X&Y, but I have also been crazy about A Rush of Blood to the Head (I think it was the Live 8 performance of In My Place that got me listening to it again).
But speaking of rushes of blood, I went to the dermatologist this morning because I've had a growing tumor on my arm for the last several weeks. Okay, so maybe it's not a tumor and it's more like a wart. Why is it that it is impossible not to constantly pick at something that is protruding from one's skin? It is especially difficult to resist the urge to perform a wartectomy while sitting in rush hour traffic. So this growth/wart/tumor/whatever you want to call it, popped up several weeks ago and has been growing ever since. I became quite concerned and thought it best to seek medical attention before trying to cut the thing off myself. My dermatologist is awesome and possibly one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen before in my life. So, Dr. Beautiful shot something into my arm with a needle. I immediately felt a burning sensation all around the area. Then she took this razor blade, and shaved the thing right off. Blood started rushing from the open wound but I felt no pain. It was awesome. My little tumor is getting sent away for testing and I will be informed of the results in 7-10 days.

2 Comments:
This is the grossest post you've ever had. Yuck! I don't want to imagine a wart growing on someone's arm, but you just forced me to. And now I'm seeing blood pour out of this wart. Thanks Karyn.
On a related note, I'm going to the dermatologist to have a mole removed on Friday. Let's hope my Dr. is as hot as yours. I think it might be easier to hold still for a hot chick, than some nerdy doctor.
Yep, I guess it's time for the internet to finally know that I am gross and like to talk about gross things every know and then. Usually I limit my gross talks to email with Brianna or phone calls with Hollis, but I decided I'd venture out today. I could have sworn I'd posted something about Abby's mucous (sp?) covered feces...but I guess not!
You'll have to share your mole removal story on whenjasonisbored.blogspot.com!
Post a Comment
<< Home