Out Of My Hands
The other night in Virginia Beach, it took us about an hour to get out of the parking lot. I considered us fairly lucky. Last night, it took much longer. We waited a bit before walking out to the car, we knew what we were in for. It was 11:30 by the time we made it to the BFE parking space, and it was 1:20 when we pulled out of the pavilion. Of course, I didn't care. It was the most amazing concert I've ever been to.
By the time I dropped off my friends, approximately 3 miles away from me, it was pushing 2 am. I was heading down Van Dorn (a street normally flooded with traffic) when I saw the lights behind me. I knew I had not been driving fast at all, so I really had no clue why I was being pulled over. Here is how it went down:
Mr. Policeman: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "No sir. I really don't."
Mr. Policeman: "Do you know what the speed limit on this road is?"
Me: "No, I'm sorry. I do not know."
Mr. Policeman: "It's 35 mph. Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "I don't know. Maybe 40 mph."
Mr. Policeman (quite content in correcting me): "50 mph. Can I see you driver's license."
Me: "Yes sir. I'm sorry, I really didn't know. I'm sorry."
(Mr. Policeman walks back to his car and returns about 1 minute later.)
Mr. Policeman (handing me my license): "Do me a favor and slow down."
Me: "Yes sir, I'm sorry sir."
I was going 85 in a 55 on the interstate 5 minutes prior, and I get pulled over for going 50 on a road which one would assume the speed limit to be at least 45 mph. Go figure.

3 Comments:
Did they play "Stolen Away on 55th & 3rd" again?
Wow, you were lucky w/ the "speeding". Guess you should be glad you weren't in the lawn seats or you may have been emitting some interesting aromas to the cop...
Yeah, no kidding with the aromas. The other night after VA Beach, we could get high off our hair on the way home.
Yeah, they played Stolen Away again. I will be posting the set list today. :)
last year, somebody spilt some loose weed on my friend's girlfriend's (at the time) blanket. She rolled the blanket up after the show and tossed it in her trunk. The next day, the trunk reaked of pot smell.
At least you didn't get a ticket!
Post a Comment
<< Home