Sunday, June 19, 2005

As One, We Sing

Tonight, the band at Frontline rocked some O Praise Him. They rocked it so much, that I had to come home and listen to the Vine version to make sure that the Vine band is still better than the Frontline band. And of course, Daniel Dabney will always beat out a chick singer. Although, tonight may have been the first night that I really enjoyed Stephanie (yes, she has a website) and her ability to lead worship.

Several weeks ago, Frontline moved to two services. The first service remained at the normal time of 5:30, and was still held in the main auditorium. They added a 7:30 service, and decided to hold it in the smaller auditorium at the Church, the Smith Center. For some reason, I have continued attending the regular 5:30 service. Until tonight. At around 4 this afternoon, I decided that after entirely too much ice cream and pizza this weekend, I needed to go to the gym. I realized that if I did so, I would definitely miss the 5:30 service, as I have to leave my apartment at 5 to be on time. I took advantage of the choice that I now have in a later service, and decided to try out the 7:30.

I. Loved. It.

The smaller auditorium and the smaller amount of people in attendance somehow made the service feel much more personal and intimate. I walked in as they were starting the first song, and was able to sit in about the third row. The band was so much closer than normal, I didn't have to look at the screens to be able to see their facial expressions, or check out the shoes that they were wearing, or even to see if the drummer's wedding ring had magically disappeared. During O Praise Him, I could see that the band was feeling it, God's presence was there, and working through them. It was an awesome time of worship, followed by an awesome call to action by the head honcho of the Church. Tonight was the first night that I felt like calling that place my Church home.

Well done MBC and Frontline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home