Wednesday, June 22, 2005

When something is broken...

This afternoon I went to the ATM to get cash out and I noticed that the language option had changed. The last time I used it, it asked me to select English or Spanish. Today, it asked me to choose from a list of about 8 languages. I can't remember exactly how many there were or what they were, but nevertheless, I was surprised.

Earlier today I also found the blog of Seth Godin, an author of several marketing books. Today's post pointed to this entry on This Is Broken, a website dedicated to pointing out problems in customer support and satisfaction.

Also, I have read that Bank of America has already began to combat this glitch in customer service by customizing your ATM preferences on their new touchscreen machines. However, I was at a new Bank of America ATM and every time I put my card in, it says, "Retrieving your ATM customizations." Yet every time it still asks me what language I prefer. Something is definitely broken.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Tao said...

ATM prefs? Whuh?
We do not have that here in the UK yet.

Sounds good though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home