The News
Yesterday morning when I got to work, I decided to get some work done before I started browsing the internet. I always have headphones on in the office and half the time I am oblivious to what people are talking about because I am checked out, in my own world. When it came time to take a morning break, I started with watching some Live 8 videos. It was as I was watching the crazy Brits singing and dancing in Hyde Park that I found out. I went straight to the BBC website (because I figured I would get my news from the source rather than through the eyes of Americans). I got a sinking feeing in my gut and started to cry. I don't understand how there can be so much hate in this world. My heart goes out to all the people in the UK. We know too well what it feels like when terror hits so close to home.
And speaking of things hitting close to home, Dennis is a bit too close to my home for comfort. I spoke to my mom a few minutes ago, and as of now, she is planning to stay there (only the lower Keys are on mandatory evacuation). If further updates require the middle and upper Keys to leave, she will of course do so. Please keep her and the rest of the Keys in your prayers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home