Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Nimrod

Don't you just love when you start out your morning dealing with IDIOT drivers? I do!

Here is a diagram of our parking lot.

People who get here early enough generally follow the blue lines, and pull through spots to enable an easy exit in the afternoon. Once the front row spots are all occupied, people will begin to follow the red line and park behind the occupied spots like in a normal parking lot. Therefore, most of the cars in our lot are all facing the same direction (at least in the morning before people start going to lunch).



Okay, so this morning when I got to work, the parking lot looked like this.

The blue lines are parked cars who have pulled through and the red lines are parked cars who parked behind occupied blue spaces. So, there are two options for me here: (A) I can park as a red line in the first section, or (B) I can pull through as a blue line in the second section.




I chose option B. Assume here that I am the green line, note that the ugly brown line is another vehicle. (I choose the ugly brown line for the ugly poop brown 1971 clunker driven by the most idiotic lady ever because it fits.) You would assume that the ugly poop brown line would park in the first section to become a red line, correct?



NO! Ugly poop brown line decided to park in the second section pulling into a space in the opposite direction of any other car in the lot. Okay fine, I can adjust, I was already beginning to pull into that space but that's alright, I'll just park normal (like a red line) in the space facing this ugly 1971 poop brown clunker.


WRONG AGAIN! Ugly 1971 poop brown car decided that she was going to pull all the way through that space - to become what? A purple line maybe - AS I WAS PULLING INTO THAT SPOT. She kept coming at me! She was going to pull through that spot even if she had to take me out in the process!



I had to put my car in reverse to get out of poop brown lady's way! There was no way I was ever going to park anywhere near the idiotic lady. She probably would have opened her big 'ol poop brown 1971 door into my car and put a dent in it. I ended up pulling through that section and moving on to the front section where all the sane people had parked in the SAME direction.

5 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Was there no interaction with this woman? No honking, yelling, screaming? I hate idiot drivers.

And my goodness, how long did it take you to draw on those pictures? hehe.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

No interaction until I got out of my car. I looked at her and said, "that was not smart." Then she had the nerve to go off on me, I just kept walking into the building and she was yelling at me the whole time. I ignored her.

As for the pictures, I just drew in the colored lines, I got the parking lot picture from the website. The drawing of the diagrams helped me cool down this morning because I was fired up.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya, sister. I think that most people live in a fantasy dream world where they can drive the way that they want, play air guitar while driving down the highway and narrowly miss hitting you and feel completely vindicated while yelling at those who follow the rules. I am glad that you pointed out her complete disregard for others.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

GRACIE!

I love Grace. :)

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Yeah, things like this tend to get under my skin a little more than usual at 6:30 in the morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home