Friends........check.
As I normally do on my afternoon walks with Abby, I stopped to pick up the mail. I noticed a serious looking envelope, one that I'm not used to seeing. It stated that it was requesting personal information. I immediately thought I was in trouble. What have I been doing at work lately that they have found out about? I ripped open the envelope and upon further investigation found that it was a form that I was to fill out as a reference for someone who we'll call Brianna. I laughed as I thought, "Awe! I'm important enough to be a reference. I'm special!" As far as I know, I've never been a reference for anyone, at least, I haven't been contacted as one. I flipped the scantron-like sheet of paper over and as I read over the questions, I realized that I could have fun with this.
1. How long have you known this person?
A. ____ years ____ months or B. I do not know this person.
{Ooh. Option B looks good.}
2. My association with this person is/was as a:
A. coworker C. friend etc...
{What? Which do I choose? She started out as a coworker, but she has become my very, very good friend. I choose friend! She is much more than just a coworker. Jeez. Stupid scantron.}
3. On the average, I associate with this person:
A. daily B. weekly C. monthly D. twice a year E. once every year or 2 F. once in 3 or more years
{Ha! Uh.....daily. Who is so sad that they write a reference down whom they only associate with once every THREE years? Well, I guess if it is an old boss or professor...}
4. I last associated with this person:
A. 0 to 3 months ago B. 3 to 12 months ago C. 1 to 3 years ago D. 3 to 5 years ago E. more than 5 years ago
{You mean '0 to 3 HOURS ago' is not an option?}
A few more questions followed, including questions about her violations of the law, financial stability, abuse of alcohol or drugs, mental or emotional stability, and general behavior or conduct. Then finally the big question about whether or not I recommend this person for employment. Unfortunately, 'She's too good for you' was not an option.

3 Comments:
LOVED! I am....
Two different blogs in two days? Wow, I AM famous!
Yeah you are!
Post a Comment
<< Home