Monday, July 25, 2005

All These Things That I've Done

I spent much of my weekend cleaning my apartment and grocery shopping in preparation for the big OFO weekend. Much to her dismay, Abby even got a bath. [She hates baths so much, she just gets this sad, dejected look on her face and plants her feet still in the tub. She won't move, I have to pull her to get her closer to the bath spout. Usually I can't get her close enough, so I am forced to turn the shower on her. Yeah, she hates that even more, but she tolerates it. I think I'm pretty lucky that she stays in there until I tell her she can get out. She really is a good dog.] I did laundry, vacuumed LOADS of dog hair, filed my bills (first time since I moved here), cleaned my closet, and finally got the mildew out of my shower (I have been trying for ages, who knew all I needed was a new cleaning product).

As for the grocery store, I don't think I have ever had that much stuff in my cart. My list was long, and well thought-out. Only I realized once I got to the store that I had been so worried about not forgetting anything for the big weekend, that I completely forgot that I need to eat between now and Friday. I grabbed a bag of Thomas' Everything bagels for lunches this week (because they rock) but NO! Because I didn't have lunch items on my list, I didn't have cream cheese on my list. I was in the cheese aisle, I got cheese for sandwiches over the weekend. I got swiss cheese, I got colby jack cheese, I even got shredded mozzarella cheese. How could I have not even glanced at the cream cheese? I checked and re-checked my list before entering the check-out line. It was all there. I unloaded the cart, and just as the cashier started ringing up my stuff, it hit me. NO CREAM CHEESE! I turned, but there were already two people behind me in line. I really didn't want to be one of those people that leaves their stuff to run back and pick something else up, holding the line. I felt like I was on Supermarket Sweep. If I could just run to the cream cheese aisle, I could be back before she finished ringing me up. But alas, I did not have on my brightly-colored numbered Supermarket Sweep sweatshirt, I did not go. I just didn't want to be one of those people. As I write this, I sit here eating my sad, cream cheeseless Everything bagel.

The only thing keeping me from the extreme sadness of my cream cheeseless bagel is watching the new Killers video. They done my favorite song good, especially you know that one part.

4 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

I love Brandon.....especially in the shower Brandon.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my dial-up connection sucks as far as watching videos, but my curiosity gave in anyway. From what I could see in between all the buffering stops looks pretty interesting. So...Brandon & crew are what exactly? Burro-riding fake cowboys or Quakers or something? The shower scene was nice, and I liked Brandon's added spoken part. I'll have to try and hopefully catch it this weekend on the VH1 countdown so I can actually see what's going on.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Grace...I looked for you on Sunday but couldn't find you! :(

Yes, Brandon in the shower is nice. I love when he kinda slips and falls right at the end of the scene. I watched the countdown this past weekend and it wasn't on there yet, but I only saw the top 10. I was just confused at the fact that Mariah Carey was #1...what?!?! I had more faith in vh1 than that, but at least I can still count on the people of Best Week Ever to make fun of her.

Christian...you really need to get cable internet. C'mon, everyone's doin' it.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Brianna said...

The video hasn't been on the countdown yet. It hadn't even cracked the Top 20. It might be just because the song release is relatively new. I don't know how that song cannot be a hit for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home