Heat Wave
On Thursday afternoon, I left the Jeffersonville office and went out to the rental car. On top of it was a huge mutant-like bug. It had to be at least an inch long, and it was as dead as a door nail. I am convinced that the mutant beetle landed on the roof of the car and died instantly from the heat emitting off of the vehicle as a result of the sun.
I apologize for the lackage of posts this week. I returned to Virginia on Thursday night and I was forced to get up and go to work yesterday morning. I was so tired I could barely think. If ever there was a time when I really could use toothpicks for my eyelids, it was yesterday. Around noon, I couldn't handle it any longer and apparently I gave into the sweet temptation called sleep. That is, I gave into it as my head was propped up by my arm resting on the desk, and my other hand was still clutching the mouse.
Fortunately, that short lunch time nap gave me enough energy to get to the gym in the afternoon, only to find out that the air conditioning is still not fixed. On my way home, the temperature in front of the bank said 100 degrees. Yes, it said, 1 - 0 - 0. It wasn't the real temperature (more likely the heat index), but I think it really was hovering around 93. So, it's 93 degrees outside and the air conditioning in the gym is not working. I think I now know what hell may feel like. It's a good thing I don't plan on going there.

1 Comments:
My car thermometer read 104 today. I know it's probably a little above the real temperature, but...I feel your pain.
Post a Comment
<< Home