Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Boy done wrong again

On Friday evening, I had plans to watch college basketball with some friends at a sports bar. As I was driving on 395 towards Arlington, I received a very upsetting text message which caused me to break down in tears. Sobbing on the interstate, it's the new black. If it were not for the fact that the people I was meeting did not know one another very well, I would have turned around and driven straight home. However, I kept on. When I arrived at the bar, Lindsay was outside waiting for me. She gave me a hug and was helping me try to compose myself before we went inside. It was 7 p.m. and people were flooding in for the 7:10 tip-off. Just then, a random stranger noticed us:

"Why are you crying?"

"Oh, it's those dang Gators, I am so upset they made it to the Elite Eight."

"Woh, How did you know I was a Gators fan?"

"I didn't. My friend here is, so I said that because of her."

He proceeds to put his arm around Lindsay and say, "Did I see you here last time?"

Lindsay, knowing that no, he most certainly did not, was all, "Uh.....maybe..."

He introduces himself to us and says, "Seriously, why are you crying?"

"My best friend's father just died."

[silence]

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have asked. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay."

"So, um, we have a big table inside with some seats if you guys want to join us. I think seats in there are scarce."


Boys are dumb.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always such a buzzkill. :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Snowflake said...

At least he tried...most boys wouldn't have approached a crying girl. Better judgement required, yes, but give the boy props for effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home