Oh Dear.
The eccentricity of my work environment was involuntarily magnified this week as my office moved from a run-down asbestos-filled lead-piped structure slowly being taken over by mold into a brand-spanking new building whose parking garage is already falling apart. In the old building, I shared a cubicle with a co-worker. Here, I share a section of cubes with 5 others. My original cube-mate is no longer in my section and we are forced to launch post-it notes over the wall separating us to communicate our frustrations with one another. Since moving to the new building I have...
...been yelled at by a security guard for walking too fast past him not allowing him the opportunity to properly inspect my badge after I had already scanned it to unlock the door.
...almost locked myself in the stairwell because I left my badge at my desk as all stairwell doors are locked when trying to enter until one scans their badge. It's all very Sidney Bristow.
...suffered from perpetual headaches from my computer monitors vibrating every time someone walks by my desk.
...charged $2.24 and $3.45 at the cafeteria on my debit card in the course of one day because the atm is still located in the old building and I am too lazy to walk over to get cash.
...had to eat entirely too much food from the cafeteria because our refrigerator and microwave are not yet installed.
...been forced to listen to the phone conversations of at least 7 people surrounding me, some of which choose to place their phones ON SPEAKER.
...suffered great distress and dreariness as a result of my lack of caffeine because in my great wisdom I decided that it was a good idea to give up coffee for lent.
A little insight:
First day of lent - February 21
Number of times I've written on this blog since lent - 2
New daylight savings day - March 11
Number of times I've banged my head on my desk or any other hard surface since DST - 37
Starbucks free coffee break day - March 15
Number of times today that I've wanted to poke my own eyes out for choosing to give up coffee for lent - endless

2 Comments:
That REALLY sucks!!!
Free coffee break day! I didn't know about that- I bet decaf can be served!
You will witness mass consumption of coffee on Easter Sunday.
Post a Comment
<< Home