At twenty-six, I've taken my licks on state lines and kitchen floors
It is 2007. I am twenty-six years old. I have no idea what I am doing with my life. Where has it gone? What have I done? I have a vague idea of who I am but why can I not translate that into what I want to do? I am not happy about my current professional position. Every time I decide on a different track, the doors seem to close. I feel like I am trapped in a bubble from which I cannot escape. I try to poke and prod my way out and fail every time. I am proud of the person that I have become in my post-college journey. I am stronger spiritually, emotionally, and physically. A change began in January of 2003, and while I realize that each moment in the last four years has shaped who I am today, I have so far yet to go. I make mistakes on a daily basis. I obsess over the unimportant. I care too much about myself and not enough about others. I am complacent about too many issues. I do not talk to God enough, but question Him too often. I have no idea where I am going but I know that I want, nay need, to go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home