I am waiting for you to flee the scene
On Monday morning, my new friend Jessica emailed me saying, "orchestra. row J. tonight. yes or no?" To which I said, "Um, J is the 10th letter of the alphabet, heck yes!"
Several hours later, Jessica and I found ourselves in the 10th row at the Death Cab for Cutie concert. I know I saw them earlier this year, but our seats were way the heck in the back. I couldn't pass this opportunity up.
As we sat in our seats, we gazed around at the crowd. If it wasn't for the kid that brought his dad in the seat next to me, I could have very well been one of the oldest people there. It made me very sad to see what the fanbase has become. Thanks to the OC and Garden State, we have hipster wannabe teens running rampant around the whole country, world even.
First up was TLRX! aka Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. I'll let those of you seeing the show next week judge TLRX! for yourselves.
The Death Cab set was oddly similar to the set they played back in April, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. I couldn't help but get the feeling that they are not incredibly thrilled with their new found fanbase either.
Remember back when I talked about my dream career? Hey Ben Gibbard, can I do that for ya there?
My pictures are mostly blurry because I can't seem to hold my camera still enough for nonflash photos, so more video! I had to move part way through this because of the arm flailing thirteen year olds. Then one screamed in my ear.
Last one. They didn't play this last time, so I was happy to hear it.
The Tiny Vessels --> Transatlanticism closer was incredible. But alas, no video. My memory card was full.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home