It's A Shame
One day last week, as I was on my way home from work, I ran into a detour and traffic about 3 miles from my apartment. I decided to make a u-turn and go back to the street that I knew cut-through to my final destination. I did so, and I quickly got back to the road that led to my apartment. I needed to turn right onto this street. I looked back to see if I could pull out. There was a small gap in cars approaching, but behind that small gap was another long line of cars and it didn't seem that there would be another break anytime soon. So I decided to pull out. (This is one of the reasons that I don't have an icthus fish on my car. It would not be a good testimony to the people that I pull out in front of, or cut in front of on the interstate. But seriously people, in this city, you gotta do what you gotta do to get through the traffic.) My radio was quite loud blaring Third Day, It's A Shame. Apparently my cell phone started ringing right after I pulled out in front of the little black car. I didn't hear it, and just went on my way. I approached the light to turn left onto my street (the left turn light was red at the time), and I looked in my rearview mirror and see the person in the car behind me bound out of her car and run up to mine. I quickly recognize her as one of my friends from small group, and she says (through her laughter), "Hey! You just pulled out in front of me back there...I tried to call you, I was like, 'Oh my gosh this person just pulled out in front of me...wait...I recognize that car and that license plate...that's Karyn!'" I quickly told her that I was sorry, and my radio was so loud that I didn't hear my phone. She jumped back in her car as the light turned green. A few days later at small group, she told everyone the story about how I pulled out in front of her, now I'm known as the girl who pulls out in front of people. Ah, well....it could be worse.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home